How do I sell on Facebook Marketplace for beginners?
How to list on Facebook Marketplace
- Log in to Facebook.
- Click the Marketplace button on the left side menu.
- Click Create New Listing.
- Select 'Item For Sale'
- Fill in all listing information. ...
- Consider joining local Facebook groups. ...
- Tap publish and start selling on Facebook Marketplace.
How much does it cost to sell on Facebook Marketplace?It costs nothing for individuals to sell on Facebook Marketplace, and there's no fee to join Facebook or Facebook Marketplace. If you operate on Facebook Marketplace as a merchant, there is a 5% fee on all transactions, with a minimum charge of $0.40.
How do I post an item for sale on Facebook Marketplace?
Sell something on Facebook Marketplace
- Tap in the top right of Facebook.
- Tap . ...
- Tap Sell at the top, then tap Items.
- Enter the info about your item. ...
- Tap to hide your listing from your Facebook friends. ...
- Click Next. ...
- If you like, select more places to list your item (example: buy and sell groups, your Facebook profile).
How do sellers get paid on Facebook Marketplace?The selling fee of 5% (or $0.40 minimum per order) is deducted from the payout. The payout goes to the bank account that you entered when you set up shipping. The exact timing of the payment depends on your bank. You can check the date of your next payout in the Your payouts section of Marketplace.
How do I use Facebook Marketplace for the first time?
- Set up a Facebook Marketplace account. To set up your Facebook Marketplace account, simply log into your personal Facebook account and click on the Marketplace icon. ...
- Create a compelling listing. ...
- Set your delivery method. ...
- Promote your listings. ...
- Communicate with buyers and finalize the sale.
How To Sell on Facebook Marketplace for Beginners (2023)
Do I need a Facebook account to sell on Marketplace?All you need to start selling on Facebook Marketplace is an active Facebook account. It's really that simple! If you would like to offer shipping on your listings, you need to take the extra step of entering your payment and shipping information.
What should you not do when selling on Facebook Marketplace?
The Five Don'ts of Facebook Marketplace
- Don't pay money outside Facebook or PayPal. One of the online shoppers' most common mistakes is wiring uninsured funds to a third party. ...
- Don't use the 'friends or family' option. ...
- Don't share your phone number. ...
- Don't accept overpayments. ...
- Don't meet with the seller/buyer.
What is the safest way to receive money on Facebook Marketplace?Local Pickup on Marketplace
Don't transfer money directly into a seller's bank account. Instead, offer to use a secure person-to-person payment site, such as PayPal or sending and receiving money in Messenger.
What is the safest payment method for Facebook Marketplace?As for payment, carrying cash, especially a lot of cash, is risky. Facebook Marketplace recommends a secure person-to-person payment method such as PayPal.
What is the safest way to receive money from a buyer?Personal and Cashier's Checks
Like we mentioned, it's pretty dangerous to walk around with your pockets full of large bills, and for that reason the buyer may choose to pay you in a personal or cashier's check. Besides cash, a certified cashier's check is the most secure way to accept payment during a private sale.
Is it safe to sell on Facebook Marketplace?Scams are everywhere, including on Facebook Marketplace. If you don't take precautions when buying or selling items on Facebook Marketplace, you may end up losing money. According to Tech Jury, over one billion users are active on Facebook Marketplace and scammers have targeted one in six of those users.
How do I avoid Facebook Marketplace fees?Unlike other ecommerce or reselling marketplaces, Facebook charges zero fees to list your items if you sell them locally. If a customer places an order for shipping, the seller is only charged 5% of the sale price or a flat fee of $0.40 for shipments of $8.00 or less.
How do I write a seller on the Marketplace?
To write a review about a seller from your messages:
- From Feed, tap in the top right of Facebook.
- Tap Marketplace. If you don't see Marketplace, tap See more.
- Tap , then tap Inbox.
- From your messages with the seller you want to review, tap Review seller below their name.
Should you give your address on Facebook Marketplace?And Consumer Reports says some scammers lurking on Facebook Marketplace aren't after your money: They're after your data. Never share personal information like your postal address, email address, or phone number.
How do I list on the Marketplace?
How To Sell On Facebook Marketplace
- Select “Create New Listing.”
- Choose “Item for Sale.”
- Click Add Photos and upload up to 10 photos of the item.
- Fill in the necessary details about your item, including as much information as possible. If you want to list it as a free item, set the price to 0. Hit next.
- Select Sell.
Should I give my phone number on Facebook Marketplace?To protect oneself from the ever-looming threat of online marketplace scams, sellers must take proactive measures. Conceal personal information 🤐: Sellers should never be quick to divulge their phone numbers. It is entirely unnecessary for a legitimate transaction on any online marketplace.
How do you get paid on Facebook?You can earn money by using ads alongside your content. There are ways to use ads while keeping your content front and center, including adding In-Stream Ads to your Live and on-demand videos, and with Instant Articles. Check your eligibility for In-Stream-Ads and submit your Page for review.
Is it safe to use PayPal as a seller?Whether you use PayPal to buy or sell, we help keep you and your payments safe. With data encryption, real-time transaction monitoring and buyer and seller protection policies, PayPal's a safe way to pay and get paid.
Is bank transfer safe for seller?Bank transfer
This remains the most secure option, allowing the buyer to transfer you money right to your account. In many cases, this should appear in your account on the same day but it can take longer. This shouldn't be something your buyer is worried about (if they are, it might be a red flag!).
How do I use Facebook Marketplace without getting scammed?The key to avoiding this kind of scam is to never give out your phone number or email address and always use the Facebook Messenger app to communicate with potential buyers or sellers. Furthermore, never reveal verification codes that are sent to your phone or email address to anyone.
Is bank transfer safe for buyer?Bank transfers are considered a safe and secure method of payment, as there is proven identity verification associated with the transfer itself.
What are the red flags of Facebook Marketplace?Overpayment or odd payment methods: Strict requests for strange payment methods — such as by gift card — and buyers who insist on overpaying or do so “accidentally” are red flags.
Why do people ask for phone number on Marketplace?These “buyers” appear genuinely enthusiastic about the listed items but insist on verifying the seller's legitimacy first. To do this, they ask for the seller's phone number, and after the phone number is given, they text with an explanation that a verification code will be sent via text.
What really sells on Facebook Marketplace?
Getting straight to the point, here's the list of the best selling products on Facebook Marketplace:
- Fashion Apparel.
- Furniture & Home Decor.
- Mobile & Accessories.
- Baby Care Products.
- Sports Supplies & Fitness Equipment.
- Health & Wellness Products.